PAGES

Search This Blog

Jul 3, 2014

Natural skincare routine

food on my face
Hello
Being a mum of two extremely active toddlers, i don't have much time for feferity (lol) in the morning so i tend to take my time with what i want to once they go to bed. If you check the time i upload posts, its often after 9pm (phew!)
So once they are asleep, i go through my night time skincare routine. I've always known and taught that natural foods are good for skin either ingested or applied topically, so recently i decided to try a 2 weeks strictly natural skincare routine. This is what I'm sharing today.
Please note that i have combination skin, which is most parts oily and some parts normal.
Also note that whatever you do to your face in skincare should be done to your neck also.

So i start by removing my makeup using a cotton pad soaked with a combination of coconut oil and melted Shea butter (double boiler method)
then i remove the excess oil using an empty cotton pad

next i deep cleanse using another cotton pad soaked with unsweetened full cream milk. This has got lactic acid which is an exfoliant. what it does is to remove dirt and also bind with dead skin cells for easy removal so that your new skin can show and glow. (the skin regenerates itself an average of once in 3 days)

As a toner, i mix one part lemon juice to 4 parts water (you want to be careful as concentrated lemon can and will burn your skin) and apply a little on my cotton pad the gently massage into my skin. This brightens (not bleaching o!) the complexion and gives the skin an even tone.
lastly, i use my new home-made body oil which is a fusion of coconut, lemon, carrot and moringa oils (yes its available for sale call me on 070310609253). i massage this into my skin as my night time moisturiser.
my natural night time skincare routine
on some days, like twice a week, i use soaked oats mixed with grated lemon rind as a scrub and egg white and or aloe vera as a firming mask.
So, there you have it, my daily night time skincare routine.
if you want a video of it, just make a request in the comment box below and id do my best to record one.

Do you have your own routine? please share with me.

me! 
xoxo
Olubunmi


No comments:

Post a Comment