PAGES

Search This Blog

Feb 12, 2017

The wig, the cornrows and my God!

As I put on my wig very early on Tuesday morning trying to get out of the house fast so my children won't be late for school and I for work,  a thought flashed through my mind.

Source 

 The cornrows under the wig was hideous because I did them myself and in a rush.  But hey,  no one knows what's underneath my neatly styled wig right?

It's the same way no one knows what you are going through beneath the facade.
However,  I caught my  husband starring at me that night, my wig was off,  my makeup long washed off as well and when I confronted him,  he said he was just looking at how beautiful I am. (yea  right!  Right?)

But it occurred to me that to God, with or without the coverings,  you are beautiful.  It doesn't mean the ugly cornrows aren't there (and they were ugly)  but the cornrows did not define me.  Neither do your issues define you before God.
He loves the real you,  let him love you. Yes, you need to  believe that he loves you!

Xx
Olubunmi

No comments:

Post a Comment