PAGES

Search This Blog

Feb 22, 2016

Run your own race

Hello
How was your weekend? Mine was cool. I played hostess to first time guests and it wasn't so bad after all. lol
OK, on to today's business. Some months ago, I recorded a pod cast on "the definition of success" . I realize that it's easy for us as women to look at what other people are doing and achieving and feel somewhat inadequate.

It's great to look inwards and determine what's most important to you, plan your life around them and gauge your success based on that not on what A or B have or do.
I used to feel really bad when I see ladies who have NGOs, go to orphanages, do this and that until i realized that what I was called to is to encourage women to go all out and be who God has called them to be, while looking and feeling good about it. Now, though I contribute to and support NGOs in my own little way, I'm not intimidated by them any more! What makes me feel bad is if I saw an opportunity to encourage a woman into her destiny and I didn't.
I've refused to keep running another's race. I now run mine.

Are you running yours?

NB
If you want to listen to the podcast I mentioned earlier, please go to https://soundcloud.com/olubunmi-fajuyigbe/what-is-success-1

No comments:

Post a Comment