PAGES

Search This Blog

Jun 20, 2014

Beauty in your garden: Aloevera as a face primer

Hi people. Remember in my last post I said I was going to write more about how I used aloe Vera for my bride, Ronke?  Here's the full gist.
I lost my eye primer (more like it was stolen) and Ronke's wedding was impromptu,  so I needed a quick fix. I decided to do a research online about homemade primers.
I discovered a lot of articles about Aloe Vera mixed with concealer and moisturizer. I found this particular one that talked about using aloe Vera alone as a face primer. I tried this on my face after cleansing, toning and moisturizing, and the effect was surprising.
It felt like using a silicone based, mattifying primer only this one was devoid of chemicals and didn't make my face feel dry and taught but just nicely matte.
I decided to try it on Ronke and I did, I loved the result. She initially wanted a touch up before reception but later realized it was absolutely unnecessary.
Of course I'm still going to be using my store bought eye and face primers but I recommend this to anyone who has sensitive or acne prone skin and is looking for a natural fix.
That's it for now.
Till next time,
Stay beeyoutiful!
that's me with aloevera as my primer. For Ronke's pictures, read my blog post on Ronke's wedding in Ife

PS.
i used aloevera mixed with lemonlite oil vanishing moisturizer (available at Bee's Signatures) and a little bit of black opal cocealer as an eye primer for Ronke.

No comments:

Post a Comment