PAGES

Search This Blog

Jun 17, 2014

Ronke: 14th June 2014

Hiya. How are you doing?  This weekend I took a trip to the ancient city of Ile Ife for Ronke's white wedding. I got a BBM invite from her on Thursday just 2 days before the wedding and on acceptance I got to know that her makeup artist who was supposed to come with her from Abuja couldn't for health reasons. I would otherwise have declined because it was such short notice and I had to travel out of ibadan but I didn't have much to do that morning and I just felt I should oblige.  So I did.
Ronke was so calm and just grateful I was able to come at such short notice. She had been my Facebook friend for years but was scared to contract me cause she was afraid my fees would be out of her reach! (Dear bride,  contact me let me know your budget, if it works for me, I'll let you know, if not, we can still work something out)
So back to our gist. She was calm but worried about her hair which was poorly fixed and styled by a stylist resident in ife. I finished her makeup and graciously helped restyle her hair. Apart from the fact that it would reflect badly on my own makeup pictures, I didn't like that she was sad on her big day.
Here's the final look and products used:
I worked on her brows which she had left to grow,  prepared her face by cleansing and toning with clean and clear cleanser and toner, used lemon lite even tone moisturizer.  After that I primed her face with pure Aloe Vera gel. (Fantastic mattifying yet sleek primer. I'll write on it in a bit).
I applied Revlon liquid colorstay foundation in cappuccino using a stippling brush.
For her eyes I used a mixture of Aloe Vera and moisturizer as a primer then used a pearly bronzy brown from my d'cleo bridal palette on her lids, I used dark pink on the crease, and ivory in the inner corners of the eyes. On the outer V I used the darker brown in the Zaron eyebrow kit and the lighter one to blend the whole look together.  Then used the ivory right under the brow as highlights.
On her cheeks I used a deep pink black opal blush while I used ginger to set the cheek contour.
For her lips, I lined and filled in with a light pink SHE pencil cause she has dark lips, then I used loreal natural pink lipstick and topped it up with a pink beauty rush gloss.
The whole look was set with Maybelline clear smooth powder.
Here's wishing her a happy married life.

No comments:

Post a Comment