PAGES

Search This Blog

Aug 7, 2014

Mental wellness for women

Recently, i felt really sad and down about a few issues. I usually would bottle up my feelings or talk to my husband who is a man (of course. lol) and doesn't understand much about the psychology of women and he would just dismiss the feelings and tell me to move on as everything will be fine.
i had to summon up courage, pick up my phone and chatted with a "trusted" friend. Though she did not give the solution to my problems, she listened, empathized and encouraged me to hold on and not give up on my dreams.
where am i going with this? As women, we tend to bottle up emotions and this in turn leads to stress, depression, over eating, and even in severe cases suicidal tendencies, we therefore need to cultivate healthy relationships with people we can trust and lean on in times of need.
till next time,
stay beeyoutiful
xoxo
Olubunmi

No comments:

Post a Comment