PAGES

Search This Blog

Jul 13, 2015

Empowering women: My Top 10, the power of association.

Hi
Here's the transcript of my new podcast on soundcloud. Listen to it here.

Hello my name is Olubunmi Fajuyigbe, i'm a beauty, wellness and empowerment coach and strategist for women.

Many women want to be successful. And that’s a good thing. Now that we have established what success means to us, I think we can go on and talk about how to achieve it.
By the way if you missed the success post check it here.

The first thing I will talk about is the power of Association!

It is often said, show me your friends and I will tell you who you are. This statement is true in all respects.
I want you, my dear pretty lady to do another exercise today. Write down your first 10 closest friends, now take that list and put it side by side with your definitions of success which we did last week. Do they tally?

Let me give you an example. Last week, I said one of the definitions of success to me is being at peace with God. Now if I take my list of 10 closest friends, I can ask myself a question like this: when I associate with xyz do I feel at peace with God? If my answer is no then I need to strike them off that list and replace them with other people who make me feel at peace with God.

Another example, if one of your definitions of success is to be wealthy, then do you have wealthy friends? Do you have friends who want to be wealthy just like you do? Do you have friends that encourage you to do the things that will spur you to wealth?

One of the biggest barriers to success is most often the people we are closely associated with. If you have friends who do not understand your vision and dreams, who laugh when you bring up an idea and call you crazy.  Then.my beautiful lady, you need a change of Top 10. 
More often than not, you’ll let your low friends keep you down. If you want to break free and embrace success, then you need to stop spending so much time with people whom you have little or nothing in common as far as your successful future is concerned no matter how nice they are or how fun they are to be with and start associating with people who have similar dreams and goals as you do.

Please note that there is nothing wrong with being friendly, it’s just that when it comes to your top 10, they should be people who improve you in one or many ways. Spiritually, mentally, financially, socially and more.

I will rephrase the words of Robert Kiyosaki as I end today’s podcast by saying while you cannot control your friends, you can control who you are friends with. And if you want to be wealthy, it's important to choose your friends carefully. 

Please follow me on twitter @olubunmifaj, on instagram @olubunmisays and follow my blog  for podcasts, tip and news on beauty, wellness, and empowerment you also get heads up on my live and online conference coaching sessions.


Till next time,
stay Beeyoutiful
xx
Olubunmi

2 comments: