PAGES

Search This Blog

Jul 13, 2015

Empowering women : Summer blues!

Hi
Someone asked me recently where i was taking my children for summer and I smiled and said Lagos! Yep, Lagos.
What's wrong with that? After all it's more sunny there that London, Miami, Paris or Dubai. lol
OK so it's not bad to go on those trips and I wish I actually could but current circumstances would not allow that.
So do i then form a lie?
Oh no!
As women, a lot of times we let peer pressure (oh you thought that was just a teenage nightmare?) get the better of us.
I saw a quote once, not quite sure iI can remember exactly how it was written but the gist is that

"we spend money we don't have (allow me to add time and energy we shouldn't)
to buy (do) things we don't need
to impress people who don't care much about us"

If you have a friend who truly cares about you, he/she will know what you can afford to part with (not just money, time, energy and other resources) and won't have unrealistic expectations from you.

So, my dear pretty woman,
Live your life (after all, that's why Your is in that statement and not their) and don't apologize to anybody for being you!


No comments:

Post a Comment