PAGES

Search This Blog

Sep 24, 2015

Periscope: Am I late or what?

Hiya

I see my video tutorial got  quite a lot of views. Thanks for watching and please let me know what you think so i can serve you better.

If you know me, i mean really know me like a friend or a coaching client, you'll know how i'm fascinated with technology, apps and the internet. so the other day, I heard about a new video streaming app called Periscope and i ran to go find out about it. On opening my ios app store, I saw that it already has over 50million downloads!



Anyways, periscope is an app owned by twitter  a live video streaming app for iOS and Android developed by Kayvon Beykpour and Joe Bernstein. The startup behind the app was purchased by Twitter for a reported $100 million in March 2015. On March 26, 2015, Twitter officially relaunched the application on iOS under its own App Store account. Later, on May 26, 2015, Periscope was released for Android.- Wikipedia

What this simply means is that you can share whatever you are doing live through a stream and control who sees it. You might want to share it with the whole world or just with family and friends.

The issue with periscope however, is that people can stream a paid event live and everyone else watches it free. (lol)

I guess it's more like google air hangouts for socializing. I'm sceptical about the privacy settings though.

Ok i'm off to download, hopefully it would impact my business positively. If not, its off my phone!


xx

Olubunmi

No comments:

Post a Comment