PAGES

Search This Blog

May 6, 2015

Healthy alternative to fried plantain (dodo)


Hello,
As a beauty and wellness coach in Nigeria, a wife and a mother,  i often look for ways to make meal times in my family healthier while not necessarily compromising on taste. Here is a snack or side item i often make for my children and I. This part of the world, we are in love with fried plantain and eat it with pretty much everything from rice, to beans and even as a meal on its own. My alternative is grilling it in the oven.
Cut the ripe plantain into thin slices and coat your grilling rack with cooking spray, then grill in the oven at about 280 deg for about 20 mins or until well browned. To retain some moisture, wrap in foil after the first 15 mins.
It's tastes as delicious if not more than the traditional fried plantain plus you would have saved yourself about 200 Calories.

Try it and let me know what you feel.

xx
Olubunmi

No comments:

Post a Comment